SmartSpace COVID-19 Safe Workplace Policy
May 29, 2020
The purpose of this document is to inform SmartSpace clients as they begin to return to the office following the easing of government COVID-19 restrictions. It is expected that SmartSpace clients follow the guidance of the Australian Government, Safework Australia and UOW Policies when operating in SmartSpace or visiting the common areas across the UOW Innovation Campus.
Most importantly, if any members of your team are unwell with symptoms of fever or a respiratory tract infection (such as sore throat, cold, cough, aches, or shortness of breath) tell them not to come onto Campus and encourage them to get tested for COVID-19.
We also encourage our SmartSpace community to download the COVIDSafe App by visiting this website: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app
In order to assist our SmartSpace community transition back to their Innovation Campus offices, the SmartSpace team are undertaking the following strategies to minimise risk and ensure a safe working environment.
- Co-working & Lounge Area
- Every second desk is not available for use, alternate seats on opposite sides of desks are
- Signage isprovided ateach desk that is not available for use.
- Cleaning products are openly available from the kitchen for each client’s own use.
- If SmartSpace co-working reaches maximum capacity due to reduced desks available, SmartSpace Management will do their best to accommodate clients in alternative spaces as an interim solution.
- Additional daily cleaning will be implemented by both professional cleaners and SmartSpace staff.
- Hot desk co-working will only be available in the booths behind reception until further notice, to reduce the risk of bacterial transmission. Hot desks will be disinfected at the end of each day.
- Co-working breakout rooms are to only have one person in the room at any given time.
- Signage has been placed on the breakout room doors stating the maximum room
- Lounge chairspacing has been adjusted in the SmartSpace Loungeareasto comply with social distancingrequirements.
- Private Offices
- SmartSpace Management have conducted an audit of the maximum capacity for each private office.
- A representative from each tenancyhas beeninformed the maximum number of personsallowed in their office to comply with social distancing measures.
- Signage has beenplaced on each private office door stating this maximum capacity number.
- Periodic audits will be conducted by SmartSpace Management to ensure clients are complying with the maximum capacity allowed in each office.
- Failure to comply with social distancing within private offices is a breach of SmartSpace and UOW Policy as well as the terms and conditions of a client’s access agreement.
- Failure to meet social distancing requirements will result in an immediate loss of SmartSpace access and contract termination.
- Meeting Rooms
- SmartSpace Management have conducted an audit of the maximum capacity for each meeting room.
- Signage has been placed on each meeting room door stating the maximum capacity limit to comply with social distancing measures.
- Unnecessary chairs have been removed from each meeting room.
- Social distancing signage has been placed in each meeting room.
- Cleaning supplies are readily available for each client’s own use in each meeting room.
- SmartSpace Management have created cleaning checklist for each meeting room which will be completed after each meeting room booking.
- SmartSpace Management will keep a record of meeting room bookings.
- SmartSpace Management will only take bookings from SmartSpace internal clients until further notice.
- Clients utilising meeting rooms should keep a record of persons who attended the meeting in person.
- Reception Area
- Signage has been installed on the floor indicating where to stand to ensure social distancing.
- Social distancing signage has been placed on the reception desk and in the waiting area.
- Hand sanitiser is available for guests to use.
- There is a sign-in register located at SmartSpace reception which all clients and visitors are required to complete daily if in the office. This will be reviewed as restrictions ease.
- Failure to comply with social distancing measureswill result in an immediate loss of SmartSpace access and contract termination.
- Kitchen Area
- All clients are to comply with social distancing rules in the kitchen
- Social distancing signage has been placed in the kitchen.
- Cleaning products are readily available in the kitchen for each client’s own use.
- SmartSpace staff will conduct a routine sanitise of the kitchen every hour.
- Antibacterial wipes have been provided next to the coffee machine for each person to wipe down the buttons after use.
- Only SmartSpace staff are to top up the milk for the coffee machine.
- Security & Access
- The SmartSpace reception entry door will be set to unlock while reception is attended to reduce bacterial transmission, and locked while reception is unattended for security reasons.
SmartSpace Management appreciate your cooperationas we try to minimise the risk of COVID-19 and keep our workspace safe for our community.
For further information regarding this policy please contact:
Business Manager, SmartSpace
P:+61 2 4258 3400